You’ve made it this far in correcting the crossbite in your child’s front teeth. Your cooperation is crucial in finishing your treatment successfully. Follow our instructions for your appliance to ensure timely and efficient success in your dental journey. If you have any questions about your appliance, kids dentistry, or anything else dental related, call Dr. Caldwell or make an appointment to come into our office in Sugar Land, TX.
Anterior Crossbite Appliance - (to correct crossbite in front teeth)
- Insert the key in the hole on the left side of the appliance. (This will be the patient's right side).
- Rotate the key from left to right as shown below.
- Be sure to make a complete rotation until you meet resistance.
- You will then see a new hole ready for your next turn.
Instructions for turning RPE - (key with floss - expander)
It’s easy to use your appliance. Simple follow the instructions below.
- Insert the key into the hole closest to the front teeth.
- Turn the key in the direction of the arrow, from front to back (toward the throat).
- Be sure you turn the key until you meet resistance. You will then have made a complete turn and a new hole will appear for your next turn.
- Remove the key by gently slipping it out of the hole. Be sure the floss is attached to the key so that you have something to hang onto in the event that you drop the key.
Instructions for turning RPE - (key with blue handle - expander)
- Insert the key into the hole closest to the front teeth as shown with the key and handle straight.
- Rotate the key toward the throat, turning the hole in the direction of the arrow or toward the throat. Be sure to turn the key until you meet resistance. You have made a complete turn and a new hole will appear ready for your next turn.
- Remove by gently slipping the key out of the hole.
Call Us With Questions
If you have any questions about your dental appliance, give us a call here at Dr. Larry Caldwell’s office. We are here to make sure you are fully educated on your appliance!